Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Electric Nana

Mónica Vázquez, better known by his stage name, Electric Nana, has erupted with force in music with his first solo album: ' To life!' This summer through the country with the tour ' Hot mix' of los 40 Principales, together with other artists. This Friday it saturates in Tossa de Mar.

Singer / songwriter Madrid mixture without hobbies folk, pop and electronic. «'Won 't stop' and ' Forever hold me' are the oldest tracks on the disc.» They must have two years or so; I created them in an era of more sad songs and they left me these two who speak of the need to exit a loop autodepresivo,"he says. He made them out of necessity, for autoafirmar is and that good wave changed his life. He never imagined the success that would have. "I laughed much composing it and as he thought that no one was going to listen, I did what gave me the win," he explains.

Electric nana

It is bilingual, but he always sings in English, and, before devoting himself to music, which learned of self-taught, studied communication. «Small he was always singing and was obsessed with musicals: saw 'Smiles and tears' weekly ', recalls. His father taught him four chords on guitar. From there it advanced single. «As I have such a bad memory, I started to compose. Being unable to remember how they were the songs that I liked so I invented them to me». Meet Carlos Jean, dj and producer with whom he has collaborated on the disc 'Combustión', among others, marked a turning point in his life. Then he did a doctorate and dreamed of becoming a university lecturer in Berlin, but decided to change course, and turned to My Major Company to obtain the necessary funding for their debut album.

Most of their songs are very rhythmic and transmit a joie de vivre incredible. «When I composed the album was momentous because I thought that it was going to be my first and last step in music, sincerely». And, convinced that I would have more luck, wanted to make a record that lifted the mood, or as she says, «a nice disc that makes happy people, who make dance and give palmas». I didn't want to sad songs. «There are many people who sings about the terrible thing that is life. I wanted to sing about how great that is, on the small moments, on going out with friends and fall in love madly from an unknown person to then you go home and never see him ever again, but okay, have been so cool. Why is there be continuity in things?", asks this Madrid young whose hero is Groucho Marx. «People like it reminds me of must never be taken too seriously to yourself.» She tries to follow that creed. "I'd like that in all my discs serve for a laugh, but my sound to evolve... Maybe for the second will be a project a little more rock, more rogue», he says.

The English learned, between 2 and 4 years, in the nursery of the colegio San Patricio in Madrid. «Being bilingual makes me look at life in a more open way: the fun is not to understand things and ask them». His debut has been acclaimed both from los 40 Principales and Radio 3. "This is the dream of every musician. You are popular but you also have quality. That duality is very cool, brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment